Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Perversity of Identity Politics



     Perversity of Identity Politics
          A trans-class complaint

Identity politics are perverse and irrational. For proof of this, consider three people: Jenner, Dolezal, and myself. Jenner claimed to be a woman in a man’s body. This defiance of sex-identity was quickly accepted. Dolezal claimed to be black in a white body. This defiance of race-identity was long debated, then derided.
Now consider me. I am a billionaire in a thousandaire’s body. By this claim, I defy the very concept of class identity. I am trans-class!
          What’s that? You laugh? Of course you do. Surely I jest! Everyone knows that money is the realest identity! American society is ready to transcend sex, but not yet ready to transcend race, and a long way from ready to transcend class!
          So according to identity politics, sex is an artifice, race is deep, and class is inborn. Isn’t that the reverse of the truth? Isn’t sex inborn, race skin-deep, and class artificial?
          For aren’t you too trans-class? Aren’t you too a billionaire in a thousandaire’s body?

No comments:

Post a Comment