Friday, May 6, 2016

Hsin Ku



          Hsin Ku

Hsin Ku poem form;
Four words, four lines
Any topic, any image
Second, fourth near rhymes.

“Let Reason rule Rhyme,”
decreed the sage Master,
“so our audience be
(I hope) much vaster.”

A single look reveals:
Airplane left, bird right
climbing, crossing; silence passage
in the evening light.

Me, praise a pearl?
Or its owner, Ma’am?
Or its inner grit?
I praise the clam!

O love, we wonder;
Through you I’m wise;
How deeper we see
than only two eyes!

“May all war cease,”
the high lord sings;
But when there’s peace
Then who needs kings?

Science, myth and fancy;
Future joy and sorrow;
Dreamer, come entrance me
With life beyond tomorrow.

Why read science fantasy
mostly thud and blunder?
I seek marvels, mystery,
vision, sense of wonder.

“What is true reality?
Computer, say the word!”
It answered with finality,
“Your question is absurd.”


No comments:

Post a Comment