Thursday, June 15, 2023

Paradox GPT

          Paradox GPT

 

NH:

The following text in bold is my poetic summary of how set universes form themselves in paradox logic.

 In the beginning, all truth was paradox, and all things were one. Then truth unfolded and things split apart. This converges to a world, where truth is defined by things and itself, and things are distinguished by truth.

I sent this to LK, who replied:

 

LK:

I shall neither comment nor shall I not comment on this evocation of the creation.

However I shall give you the comment of ChatGPT.

 

GPT:

The idea of truth as paradox and the unity of all things is a common theme in many philosophical and spiritual traditions. This perspective suggests that ultimate reality is beyond dualistic concepts of right and wrong, true and false, good and evil.

As truth unfolds, distinctions and divisions arise, and reality becomes more complex and differentiated. This process can be seen in the development of human knowledge and understanding as well as in the evolution of the natural world.

In the modern world, truth is often defined by empirical evidence and scientific inquiry, while things are categorized and distinguished by their properties and characteristics. This perspective has led to significant advancements in fields such as medicine, technology, and engineering.

However, some argue that this perspective can also lead to a narrow and reductionist view of reality, in which the interconnectedness of all things is overlooked. As such, it is important to maintain a holistic and integrative approach to understanding truth and the world around us.

 

NH:

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, the robot did a cogent scholarly review of my mathematical poem. On the other hand, the robot is a stochastic parrot; it generates text purely by word association, with zero understanding, or even attempted understanding.

Shall I conclude that language itself agrees with my poetic logic? Or that my decades of study have simplified the topic to the point of robotic nullity? Or both?

Has ChatGPT passed the Turing Test? Or have I failed it?

No comments:

Post a Comment