Friday, April 26, 2024

The Secret of Jewish Success

The Secret of Jewish Success

 

 

Once upon a time, on Long Island, three ladies were playing bridge.

Mrs. Smythe looked over her cards and remarked, “My son is a major-league football coach.”

Mrs. Abercrombie said, “Very good, my dear. But my son is a police chief.”

Mrs. Fitch said, “Ladies, ladies, let’s not quarrel! And besides, my son is a banker.”

She laid down her cards. The other women rolled their eyes and pushed over their bets. It wasn’t fair, but what can you do?

 

Meanwhile, on the other end of Long Island, three other ladies were playing Mah-Jonng.

Mrs. Shapiro looked over her tiles and remarked, “My son is an Ivy-league college professor.”

Mrs. Goldstein said, “Very good, my dear. But my son is a judge.”

Mrs. Cohen said, “Ladies, ladies, let’s not quarrel! And besides, my son is a doctor.”

She laid down her tiles. The other women rolled their eyes and pushed over their bets. It wasn’t fair, but what can you do?

 

         

Moral: Success is relative.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment