Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Diogenes at San Hemlock, 3 of 6: Business

     Business

 

          Once the Chancellor told me, Diogenes, that the College of San Hemlock is a business, selling a product to a customer.

          I said, “Then what is the product? And who is the customer? And where am I in this business?”

          The Chancellor said, “The product is knowledge, you are the distributor, and the student is the customer.”

          Later I repeated all this to a student, then said, “The customer is king. Are you king?”

          The student said, “No, my student loan officer is king and customer. The Chancellor is the distributor; I am the product; and you are the human resources spent to manufacture the product.”

          Later I told all this to a secretary. The secretary said, “What a clever student!”

          I said, “The College of San Hemlock is educational despite itself.”

          For words preach, but actions teach.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment