Monday, November 9, 2015

Accidental Prophet, an Underfable



          Accidental Prophet


          Once upon a time a Jester snarked to a friend, “I bet that there are patriotic traitors, celibate rapists, and bankrupt billionaires! I bet that an emperor was an idiot! I bet that a prince porked some pork! I bet that you can buy one judge, and get one free! And I bet that you can fool enough of the people enough of the time!”  And they laughed.
          The next day his friend gave him a newspaper. The Jester read it, and saw to his amazement and horror that every single joke he made came true, down to the letter.
          The Jester pleaded, “It’s not my fault! It’s reality that’s absurd!”

          Moral: Watch where you point your wit.

          Comment: The Moral is metaphysical muzzle etiquette. Never put anything in your critical cross-hairs that you wouldn’t mind seeing destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment