Friday, December 1, 2023

Stalked by a Bot

             Stalked by a Bot

 

 

 

The phone rang. I picked up on the third ring and said, “Hello, who is there?”

A robot voice said, “Good-bye.”

 

Several days later, the phone rang, I picked up on the third ring, “Hello, who is there?”

A robot voice said, “I’m sorry, that is not a valid extension.”

 

After that I picked up on the third ring every time, in the hope of getting a third creepy robot. Finally: Ring, ring, ring, I pick up, “Hello, who is there?”

Silence.

 

And that’s a trifecta! Have I been rejected by a bot?

 

         

 

 

1 comment:

  1. (in voice of HAL9000)
    "Sorry Dave, You aren't sounding like a potential victim, ah, I mean potential customer today"

    I gave up on "Hello" altogether, and play with other greetings such as "Good " so "Good morning" etc.. "Ahoy-hoy", "Greetings", and other such are used as well.
    And then if I know who it is, I'll say something appropriately goofy.

    ReplyDelete