Friday, October 31, 2014

A Halloween Offering



       A Halloween Offering


          Hannah and I were clearing out some drawers in her room, in order to make room for her socks, underwear and bras; and some old writings surfaced. This one appears to be from her in kindergarten or first grade.

***

I dreamed that I was in a pumpkin patch and I found a weird-looking seed. Somehow I turned into a pumpkin; then some people picked me up and took me to their house where they put me on a chair in the middle of a room. Then they danced around me. Then they put me on a windowsill and went looking for knives. I rolled out their window and back to the patch. I found the seed; a wheel turned, and I was a girl again. The End.

***

Hannah says, “I must have been a disturbed kid.” I said, “This is GREAT! People dancing around a pumpkin! They go for knives so you roll out the window! Woo-OO-oo!”

No comments:

Post a Comment