Monday, July 24, 2023

My Credo

        My Credo

 

I believe that two plus two equals four. Not five, not even if you bribe me, nor three, not even if you threaten me. Two plus two is four, neither more nor less, anywhere, everywhere, forever and ever, amen!

I believe that energy, momentum and spin are conserved. I believe that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, except near the poles. I believe that entropy in a closed system increases to a maximum. I believe that water flows downhill, and you can’t unscramble an egg. I believe that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. I believe that work expands to fill the time allotted. I believe that employees in a hierarchy tend to rise to their level of incompetence.

I believe that love of money is evil's favorite motive, and abuse of power is evil's favorite method, and popular folly is evil's favorite opportunity. I believe that power corrupts and freedom creates. I believe that what is now proven was once only imagined. I believe that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

And I believe that all beliefs, including these, must be balanced and tested by doubt, and found to be good for yourself and others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment