Tuesday, January 28, 2014

An Accidental Prophesy



      An Accidental Prophesy


         Awhile back I wrote to a friend:
         “... the plutonomy is run by primitive Marxists of reverse polarity. They believe in class struggle, mass immiseration, and all that Marxist mythology, but their personal loyalties are on the other side. It’s like a church whose preacher is a Satanist. He believes the same stories as the congregation but he’s rooting for the other team.”
         After writing that, I noticed a problem. The trouble is, I have a history of making jokes that turn out to be literally true. When I snark hard enough, sometimes I accidentally prophesize. It’s a gift/curse, and not my fault; it’s reality that’s absurd. Anyone can do it, you just have to think one more step than is polite.
So... along with family-values adulterers and pro-war draft dodgers, expect a few Satanist preachers.
You read it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment